Olson Engineering offers a wide variety of Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) services to meet the needs of our clients. Our services include the performance of test methods that can detect and characterize unseen damage in almost any type of structure, as well as for quality assurance evaluations of new and replacement infrastructure. Our NDE methods can reveal flaws and defects in structural elements high above the ground, at grade, as well as deep underground in all types of civil structures, whether newly placed or having existed for a millennium.
Internal Conditions Assessed with Nondestructive Testing & Evaluation (NDT)
- Measure thickness and detect flaws in concrete, shotcrete, masonry, steel, asphalt, wood and composite materials
- Map concrete cracking, delamination and corrosion of reinforcing, void, honeycomb, fire and frost damage
- Detect wood decay, checking and splitting
- Locate and map internal embedments and steel reinforcement
- Indentify masonry cells
- Image internal conditions of structures
- Predict strength and stiffness of concrete, wood, masonry and asphalt by correlating NDE results with strength tests of specimens
- Conduct integrity evaluations of deep foundations
- Determine unknown foundation types and depths
- Locate void/poor subrade support conditions for pavements, slabs, and tunnels
Olson Engineering has applied NDE methods as part of investigations into the condition of a wide variety of structural types including bridges, buildings, deep foundations, dams, pavements, slabs, tunnels, etc. Olson Engineering will discuss your needs as a client, and help you to develop the testing and evaluation program required to gather the information you need. We are a full-service company that can not only acquire data on the condition of a structure, analyze it, and provide you with easy to understand results, but we can also provide repair suggestions and other solutions to complex structural problems.